Other items listed by
- Pair of Pilgrim Geese For Sale
- male harris hawk 2,yr old for sale
- Siberian goldfinches for sale
- 100% pure tiger aseel chicks for sale
- SEMI TAME – Baby Budgies and Brand New cage (including Pastel colours)
- City: Ely
- City Or County: Cambridgeshire
- Country: United Kingdom
- Phone Number: 07898873799
- Listed: 11th April 2018 2:27 pm
- Expires: 8905 days, 11 hours
The Lord Derby’s Parakeet (Psittacula derbiana), also known as Derbyan Parakeet, is a monotypic parrot species, which is confined to small pocket of moist evergreen forest in the hills of the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh and the adjoining parts of Tibet. The species suffers from poaching for the illegal wildlife trade and fetches a high price in the black market. It is perhaps the rarest of all species of Psittacula in mainland Asia. As of the 2011 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species its status was updated from Least Concern to Near Threatened. The adult male and female are easily distinguished because they have different beak colours and slightly different plumage.
The name of this bird commemorates Edward Stanley, 13th Earl of Derby.
Lord Derby’s Parakeets feed on fruits, berries, seeds, and leaf buds, occasionally foraging in gardens and fields.
I am looking to get a African Grey